The office staff are always on hand to pass on any messages or contact a class teacher for you to arrange a phone call or meeting. You can find all our contact details on the contact page of the website.
We ask that you listen to your child read at least three times a week and record this in their Home School Book; Staff in school will sign to acknowledge this.Homework is given out on a Friday and collected in the following Friday and will be either Maths or Literacy based—and is always something that has been taught already in school. This piece should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete and staff are more than happy to help with any questions that you may have around this. The children are also given a project-based piece of homework which they have a half-term to complete.
Clubs change half-termly—letters for new clubs will go home and places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. If your child has been allocated a place in a club which is taking place after school, this will be confirmed in writing.There may be a charge for an after school club. Registers are taken at the beginning of each club and if your child does not attend then we will call you to check their whereabouts and if they miss the club twice then their position will be given to another child. All children are released to parents/carers,unless specified otherwise.
Our School Attendance Policy can be found on the school website. The register is taken at 9am and your child must be in class by 9am in order to get an attendance mark. If your child is poorly then please call the office to report their absence and speak to a member of staff, leave a message on the answerphone or email the admin office by 9am. If we haven’t heard from you, we will telephone you—this is because we have a duty to ensure your child’s safety. In the unlikely event of needing a Leave of Absence request—please speak to the office staff.
We use the following as ways of communicating:
· Home school books (please sign when you have heard your child read/write a message for the class teacher);
· Staff will be available, on the playground, at the end of each day;
· Telephone/face to face contact in first two weeks;
· Parents’Evening in the Autumn and Spring Terms
· Annual report in July
· Informal opening evenings across the school year
· Postcards home
Our office staff are always happy to answer questions so please email or pop in and speak to them. If you would like to book an appointment with the class teacher or SENDCo then please contact the office.
· Certificates(Star of the Day, Achievement Awards)
· Postcards home
· Attendance Awards
· Pen License (and certificates)
· Class treats
· Extra time on the play equipment
· Try your best and take pride in all you do.
· Treat others, your work and belongings with respect.
· Follow adults instructions the first time they are given.
· Move calmly and quietly around the school.
· Speak politely and kindly at all times.
· Believe in yourself ‘I can do this’ OR ‘I can’t do this yet’.
· The children will be met on the playground at 8.45am by their class teacher;
· Once in the classroom, lunch boxes go on the class trolley;
· Water bottles go by the class sink;
· Snack money goes in the child’s tray;
· PE kit goes on their named peg;
At 3.20pm the children will be led out onto the bottom playground for you to collect them. Please bear with us for the first few days as we make sure that we send each child home with the right parents/carers. This is a good chance for you to meet your child’st eacher and introduce yourselves.
Your child will need the following items, which must have their name in/on:
· PE kit (in a draw string bag only)
· Book bags
· Water bottle
We also recommend a healthy break time snack to keep them going through the day. We do have a snack trolley provided by H3CS at break times where children can buy healthy snacks.
Children do not need their own pencil case (we will provide any equipment that they need) or money for dinner as this is to be paid online (from September 2019).
8:45am Doors open
9:00am Morning register is taken
10:45am—11:00am Break time
1:15pm Afternoon registration
3:20pm End of school day